SAD! Two Federal Polytechnic Staff Electrocuted In Ekiti

Looking For Anything Specific?

SAD! Two Federal Polytechnic Staff Electrocuted In Ekiti



It was a sad day with tears on Tuesday after two workers of  the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, were electrocuted while working on defective borehole on campus.

It was gathered that the victims were staff of the Department of Works and were said to have died while carrying out statutory duties.

One of the deceased, whose identities have not been revealed, was said to be a native of Ado Ekiti while the other victim hailed from Kogi State.

The source who spoke to newsmen said, the victims while working on the borehole had made attempts to remove the galvanised pipe for repair when they made the mistake and died on the spot.

The source said,

“as they were removing the pipe, they didn’t know that it has gone up to the extent that it could touch a high tension wire around the area.

“Immediately the pipe touched the high tension wire, there was a huge spark that caused electrocution of the two men.

“Their bodies were charred by the effect of the electrocution while other supportive workers were flung to far distance but they neither died nor sustained serious bodily injuries."

Also, the institution’s Public Relations Officer, Mr Adeyemi Adejolu, confirmed the incident, saying the staff died while performing their duties.

He said,

“It was true that they got electrocuted while performing their duties. It was a sad and regrettable incident that the Polytechnic will regret for long."

Adejolu added that the victim from Kogi had been taken to his town for immediate burial while the family of the other deceased has been contacted.

Post a comment

0 Comments