Project Restart: Another Premier League Player Tests Positive For Coronavirus

Looking For Anything Specific?

Project Restart: Another Premier League Player Tests Positive For Coronavirus


The Premier League club’s chief executive, Paul Barber  has said that a third first-team player from Brighton & Hove Albion tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday.

Two Brighton players had earlier contracted the novel coronavirus in March and April and the latest positive result could cast doubts on the Premier League’s plans to resume the season that has been suspended due to the pandemic.

Clubs are due to meet on Monday to further discuss “Project Restart” which envisages a return to play in June once given the green light from government, with the remaining 92 matches held behind closed doors at neutral venues.

“It is a concern. Unfortunately we’ve had a third player test positive yesterday,” Barber told Sky Sports on Sunday.

“So despite all of the measures that we’ve been taking over the past few weeks, where the players haven’t been involved in any significant training at all, we’ve still suffered another player testing positive for the virus.”

“There are concerns and I think it’s normal for all clubs to have those concerns. We want to make sure we do everything that we can to ensure those protocols are in place and are safe and secure and mitigate the risk as far as we can,” Barber added.


Post a comment

0 Comments