Ekiti Index COVID-19 Case Discharged - Details Here

Looking For Anything Specific?

Ekiti Index COVID-19 Case Discharged - Details Here



Ekiti State Government has discharged the 37-year-old COVID-19 patient in the State's  Infection Disease Control Centre.

The patient, who has been isolated and under treatment since 18th March, 2020 in the State was confirmed negative on Tuesday, having fully recovered from the novel coronavirus. 

While speaking with the newsmen, the patient, who is healthy and happy, said the state government did a great job throughout the period he was quarantined at the centre. 

It was gathered that more than 41 people in the state are currently in self-isolation after being in contact with the index case. 

 The patient said:

 “I appreciate the state government, the medical team and entire Ekiti people for standing by me at my trying moment.” 

The state Commissioner for Health and Human Services, Dr. Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, revealed that the index case had been given better treatment and he's free of the virus after several tests were carried out.

She said, 

“We are happy to inform Nigerians, most especially the Ekiti residents that the only index case in the state has been discharged today, he has been treated of the deadly coronavirus.


She appealed to all Ekiti residents to maintain hygienic life style and adhere to the stay at home order of the state government. 
She added,

“Let’s all endeavor to live by the guidelines to curb the spread of COVID-19, use sanitizer, engage in regular  hand washing, maintain social distancing and obey the stay at home order of the state government”.

Post a comment

0 Comments